We are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the 314,000 people with asthma in Wales, including 59,000 children.
Asthma UK Cymru is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of people with asthma in Wales by:
- Understanding the issues that matter to people in Wales and identifying how we can help.
- Ensuring that people with asthma are represented where decisions are made that affect them, especially at the Welsh Government and the National Assembly for Wales.
- Working across the health sector, including with health professionals to improve services for people with asthma
- Building partnerships with the people and bodies that can help us to make a difference.
- Raising the profile of asthma in the media to health providers and keeping people with asthma informed about the latest developments in asthma care.
- We worked with a range of partners to develop the Welsh Delivery Respiratory Plan (RDP), which identifies areas of asthma care needing further service development.
- We are members of the Welsh Respiratory Health Implementation Group (RHIG), which is accountable to the Welsh Government and will oversee the implementation of the RDP by the 7 local health boards.
- We are a member of the Welsh Difficult Asthma Group and Respiratory Alliance Wales (RAW) which meets regularly to discuss approaches to respiratory issues through the work of individual organisations, sharing experience, good practice and information sharing with decision making bodies like the Welsh Government.
Get involved in our work in Wales