Asthma UK takes great care to safeguard personal data provided by our supporters and members and to process this data fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
When providing details about yourself you can be confident that:
- Any information you provide online is confidential
- Asthma UK will always endeavour to keep accurate and up to date information on you
- Asthma UK will not pass on your details on to any other organisation except our own trading company Asthma Enterprises Limited
When will I need to provide my details?
- If you wish to join Asthma UK as a member, make a donation, order materials or get involved with us in any other way you will need to complete a form with your details.
- If you would like to sign up for My Account to receive a more tailored service from the website and to take part in the discussion forum, you will need to complete a form with your details.
These are the only instances when we will ask for your details.
Why do you need my details?
- We need to keep your details in order to send you any information you have requested or to deal with any subsequent queries.
- If you join Asthma UK as a member, or if you support our work with a donation, we need your details as we would like to thank you and keep you updated on the work we do.
- We would like to keep your details to keep you informed of other services that may be of interest to you and opportunities to get involved.
Why do you ask for information about asthma and me?
- Sometimes we ask what your link is to asthma. For example, if you have asthma yourself or if your child does, or if you have another connection to asthma.
- We ask for this information simply so that we can understand more about people who support Asthma UK, in order to provide people with information that is more relevant to them.
- If you are happy for us to keep this information we will treat it with strict confidence. If you do not want us to have this information you do not need to supply it.
What if I don't want you to keep my details?
- All of the forms on the Asthma UK website provide the opportunity to tick a box to say if you are happy for us to keep your details and stay in touch with you.
- If you do not want us to keep your details, simply do not tick the box.
- If you do supply your details, but decide at a later date that you no longer want us to keep your them, simply let our Supporter & Information Team know by contacting them here: Supporter & Information Team, Asthma UK, Summit House, 70 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2DB. Tel: 08456 03 81 43; email: email@example.com
A cookie is a small piece of information sent from a website to your computer where it is stored on your hard drive. Most websites send cookies of some description. Cookies sent from our website do not contain any personally identifying information and are used solely to personalise your visits to the site. Most browsers will allow you to disable cookies using the 'Preferences' option in the menu bar; you will still be able to use the site as normal if you do decide to disable cookies.