Our long term vision is to 'Stop asthma attacks. Cure asthma.’
We’re not your usual type of charity; we’re in the process of reinventing ourselves to become a truly digital organisation fit for the 21st century. With around 80 employees, we’re small and nimble but we have really big ambitions. We’re exploring, developing and testing new ways to reach all those affected by asthma.
Why join us?
Over five million people in the UK have asthma – including more than a million children. Three people still die of asthma every day in the UK and tragically, two thirds of these deaths could have been prevented with better routine care.
Asthma UK is leading a new approach in the charity sector; one which is driven by customer experience and powered by technology to grow our reach and increase our impact.
We’re looking for individuals, whatever their backgrounds, who are passionate about making real and lasting change for people living with asthma. So if you’re keen to take the next step in your career, want the freedom to grow and develop in a role, and gain exposure to new and innovative ways of thinking, look no further than Asthma UK.
What we look for
We believe working here appeals to people who:
- Are driven by achieving real impact for the people we serve
- Appreciate and get behind a clear vision and scale of ambition, but are comfortable with flexing and adapting plans and priorities in response to a changing environment or new learning
- See the potential for charities to harness the power of technology and data to transform outcomes for their supporters
- Are intellectually curious, open minded and value opportunities to learn
- Are looking for a dynamic environment which is small enough for agile decision making
- Base their decisions on best available evidence and the insights from people with asthma
- Enjoy working collaboratively and valuing the skills and contributions of others
- Want a role with breadth not available in larger organisations
- Relish the challenge of achieving real impact for millions of people with limited budgets and have the confidence and initiative to bringing bold thinking to big questions
- Are comfortable with and/or willing to embrace change and a “test, learn, refine and scale” approach
On the whole, Asthma UK doesn’t tend to suit people who:
- Aren’t excited by the opportunities offered by digital, data and technology
- Like certainty or struggle to adapt to ongoing change and innovation
- Don’t like rolling up their sleeves or pitching in when it is needed, whatever their role
- Want to manage big budgets or lots of agencies
- Like operating in a functional team with little interaction from other colleagues or integration of plans
- Don’t enjoy debate or facilitation, and lack confidence in offering their point of view
- Are frightened by taking personal responsibility to solve problems
- Who are not currently at a stage where they wish to stretch, grow and learn from others
Want to join our team and help us cure asthma?
If you have any questions and/or would like to chat to a member of our HR team, feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 786 4948.