Friends at a cafe - banner

Share your experiences of living with asthma in a supportive, dedicated space

We've partnered with HealthUnlocked, the social network for health, to give you a dedicated, supportive space to find out more about living with asthma on a day-to-day basis. Join a discussion or start your own on the forum.

Tanya was diagnosed with asthma in 2015. She says: "I ended up in hospital for a few days with an asthma attack. This was frightening and a real wake-up call.

“Shortly after this, I came across the Asthma UK online community on HealthUnlocked. I am still learning how to manage my condition and at times have felt quite lost, but HealthUnlocked has made a massive difference to me.

“I visit the community several times a week to read what other people are going through, post questions, and comment on other people’s posts to offer them my advice or experience.

“My advice to someone recently diagnosed, or struggling to manage the condition, is to talk to fellow people with asthma on HealthUnlocked. Remember that you can also talk to the Asthma UK Helpline nurses or make an appointment with your GP or asthma nurse. Above all else, take your condition seriously.”

Our online community