Asthma UK is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of people with asthma in Northern Ireland by:
- Understanding the issues that matter to people in Northern Ireland and identifying how we can help.
- Ensuring that people with asthma are represented where decisions are made that affect them, whether at Stormont or Westminster.
- Working across the health sector, including with health professionals to improve services for people with asthma
- Build partnerships with the people and bodies that can help us to make a difference.
- Raising the profile of asthma in the media to health providers and keeping people with asthma informed about the latest developments in asthma care
- Asthma UK Northern Ireland played a major role in influencing the new 10 Year Strategic Framework for Respiratory Conditions and has continued to work with the health sector to identify improvements to make the framework a reality, including putting the opinions from people with asthma into the Service Framework for Respiratory Health and Wellbeing.
- Asthma UK Northern Ireland works hard to have effective relationships with the Northern Ireland Department of Health, Health and Social Services Boards and Local Health and Social Care Groups across Northern Ireland.