Are you ready to start your London Marathon adventure? Apply to join Team Asthma UK and we can guarantee you a place in the world’s greatest marathon.
The public ballot for the 2018 London Marathon is now closed. The results will be announced in October 2018.
The public ballot for entry into the Virgin London Marathon 2018 closed at 5pm on Friday 05 May - if you did not enter by then, the best chance you have at gaining a place in next year's event it to apply for a guaranteed place with a charity. Asthma UK has places available but they are extremely limited.
You can also still apply for an Asthma UK place if you entered the ballot. If your application for an Asthma UK place is successful and you find out in October that you've won a ballot place too, all we ask is that you let us know as we then be able to reassign your guaranteed place to someone who wasn't so lucky in the ballot!
Asthma UK support package
To help you along your journey, Asthma UK will be on hand offering support throughout. All Team Asthma UK runners receive:
- An Asthma UK running vest with iron-on letters to spell out your name
- A full fundraising pack with tools to help you reach your fundraising target
- Training and nutritional advice to help get you to the start line
- “Marathon Mail” – monthly e-newsletters keeping you updated on all things London Marathon related
- Dedicated Team Asthma UK London Marathon Facebook Group
- Our London Marathon Gathering – a chance to meet your fellow team mates, our fitness expert and more!
- Cheer points along the route to help keep you motivated throughout the race - your guests are invited to join us
- An invitation to our post-race reception where you’ll get a post-race sports massage and food to help you refuel
- Ongoing dedicated support from our Asthma UK Events Team
There are several ways you can join Team Asthma UK for the 2018 London Marathon:
Apply for a guaranteed places
We have a limited number of guaranteed London Marathon 2018 places available. If you’re interested then we’d love for you to apply to join our team, simply fill out our application form for your chance to secure a place.
Please note - due to the volume of applicants unfortunately we can't give everyone who applies one of our charity places. You will not be charged the registration fee unless you are successful in being selected. We aim to respond within one week of your application.
If you're selected for a place, our Events Team will contact you regarding registration fees and fundraising targets.
- Non-refundable registration fee - £75
- Minimum Sponsorship - £1800
Join the team with your own place
If had to defer your entry from 2017, or find out in October that you've been lucky enough to secure your own place in the marathon via the public ballot, you can still join Team Asthma UK for 2018! With no minimum sponsorship target we simply ask you to raise as much as you can. You’ll benefit from the same support package as our charity runners and we’d love to have you!
If you have any questions about signing up for the London Marathon 2018, please do not hesitate to contact our Events Team on 0300 222 5800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.