Join in the World Cup spirit by taking part in our fun and easy sweepstake. Getting your team ready for kick off is super simple! Download the sweepstake before the tournament starts on Thursday 14th June 2018 and add a bit of competitive spirit.
There’s no limit to the number of teams you can draw. The more the merrier! Print off multiple copies of this poster & run a second or third sweepstake to boost your odds and the amount of cash being donated to Asthma UK.
“I’m proud to be supporting Asthma UK’s World Cup Sweepstake. It’s a great way to get everyone involved in fundraising for a good cause. So, get together with friends, family and colleagues to draw your teams because all the money you raise will go towards research, advice and support for people like me with asthma.”
Guy Mowbray, BBC football commentator. You can see the full list of match fixtures at BBC Sport Football.
Every money-making mission, no matter how big or small – means you’ll be supporting amazing research and life-saving support for people with asthma.
- £15 could cover the cost for a crucial call to our helpline, enabling people to manage their asthma better and reduce the risk of a fatal attack.
- £120 could pay for a nurse for a day. Our nurses staff the only asthma helpline in the UK and answer around 8000 calls a year.
- £500 could pay for a bronchoscopy for someone with severe asthma so that the cells in their lungs can be analysed, helping us to understand more about their asthma and work towards treatments for it.
Sweepstake competitions can be a fun way to help raise money for Asthma UK, but there are some basic rules that you will need to follow if you are planning on running your own sweepstake:
- All entries must be the same price and the host cannot make a profit.
- You cannot ask for entry donations outside of the office premises.
- If you’re holding your sweepstake in an office, it can only take place in one office where all the participants work. It cannot be held across branches.
- Whether you decide to split the entry money between the winner and Asthma UK, or to buy a separate prize and donate all the entry money to Asthma UK is completely up to you. Whichever you decide to do, the participants of your sweepstake need to be made clear of this before entering.
For more information on the rules of running your own fundraising sweepstake please visit the Gambling Commission website or contact our Community Fundraising team at:
T: 0207 786 5042.