How does it work?
You can chat with our asthma nurse team via WhatsApp on 07378 606 728,
Or you can scan the QR code with your camera to chat with us on your phone, After saving the number, you can name it ‘Asthma UK’.
If you are saving the number manually, you can name it ‘Asthma UK’, then:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Chats tab.
- Tap the new chat icon > type 'Asthma UK' in search bar.
- If you are under 18, you need to have parental consent before you speak to you.
- If you are having an asthma attack, or you can’t breathe normally and your reliever inhaler (usually blue) isn’t helping, please call 999 for an ambulance.
We are a small team of nurses in asthma uk. Our nurses are here to help 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you send a message during the evenings on a weekday, we will answer you as soon as possible within 24 hours. If you send a message outside the weekdays or during public holidays, we will respond as soon as possible when we are back at work.
- We won’t be able to accept audio or video calls on the WhatsApp number. To speak to an asthma nurse, please call 0300 222 5800 (option 1).
- We delete finished chats that are over one week old to protect your privacy, so if you contact us again more than a week later, we won’t have any information about your previous chat with the asthma nurse.
I don’t have WhatsApp, how do I contact the nurses?
You can call the nurse team on 0300 222 5800 or email us.
Asthma UK's WhatsApp service is part-funded by Bupa UK Foundation.